Friday September 15th 2017
Election to the Sheffield BID Board
Notice of Election to the Board of Sheffield City Centre BID Limited
On Thursday, 26th October 2017 the Company will convene its second Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Time: 2.30pm – 4.30pm at The Light Cinema, The Moor, Sheffield
Papers in respect of this meeting will be issued seven days before the date of the meeting to those Company Members who have confirmed their attendance not later than Thursday, 12th October.
Pursuant to article 57 within the Company’s Memorandum of Association at this, the second annual general meeting since the Company’s incorporation, every non-executive director other than the directors representing Sheffield City Council and South Yorkshire Police are required to retire from office.
All retiring non-executive directors are entitled to offer themselves for reappointment at the AGM.
- The Company now invites nominations from those who wish to serve the Company as a non-executive director and Board Member. All nominations received for prospective Board Members (both new and those seeking re-election) will be presented for consideration at the AGM.
- As per the Company’s Articles of Association individuals may be nominated as a Board Member by a Levy Payer who is a Company Member. Further guidance for Levy Payers who wish to join as a Company Member can be found on the Membership A copy of the Company’s Articles is also available to download from the Membership page.
Role of the Board
The main purpose of the Sheffield BID Board is to:
- Provide excellent private-sector leadership experience to the BID Company;
- Represent the BID’s interests, policies and priorities to stakeholders in both the private and public sector; and
- Contribute to the reputation and influence of the BID Board.
Term of appointment
- Please note that at the AGMs to be held in 2019, 2021, 2023 and biannually thereafter, only one third of the incumbent directors will be required to retire by rotation. Those deemed to retire will be those who have held office for the longest term, which if cannot be divisible, will be determined by all such officers drawing lots.
The role of Directors
- The job description outlines the duties of the director. Download the job description (opens as a .PDF file).
- BID Board Members are required to abide by the governance rules set out in the associated polices of the Company. Board members are bound by collective decision making on the policies of the BID. Board Members are accountable to the Chair of the Board. The role is not remunerated. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with policy.
Composition of the Board
The Board of Directors includes up to 16 voluntary and unpaid representatives of the following sector/member types:
- Retail – 2 Directors
- Education – 2 Directors
- Office and Professional Services – 2 Directors
- Food and Restaurant – 1 Director
- Night Time Economy – 1 Director
- Transport – 1 Director
- Independent small business – 2 Directors
- Sheffield City Council Elected Member – 1 Director (no retirement)
- South Yorkshire Police – 1 Director (no retirement)
- Leisure & Culture – 1 Director
- Open seats – 2 Directors
The nomination process
A Levy Payer who is a Company Member may nominate an individual to stand for election to the Board of Sheffield City Centre BID Limited. Company Members must be fully paid up Levy Payers who should complete and return a nomination form. Download the nomination form (opens as a WORD document).
The form must be completed in full and signed by both the nominated individual and an executive director or equivalent of the nominating Company Member. It must be received by the Company no later than 5pm on Thursday, 12th October.
If you require further information please contact the BID Manager, Diane Jarvis (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0114 339 2015).Share this article