Saturday October 13th 2018
Temporary overnight road closures Oct-Nov
Heart of the City II – Phase One Construction:
In order for the HOCII team to carry out this work, there will be four consecutive overnight road closures of Charter Row. This will allow the team to deliver boulders to site which will make up part of the new public realm.
These temporary overnight road closures will take place between the following times:
• 20:00 on Monday 15 October and 06:00 on Tuesday 16 October 2018
• 20:00 on Tuesday 16 October and 06:00 on Wednesday 17 October 2018
• 20:00 on Wednesday 17 October and 06:00 on Thursday 18 October 2018
• 20:00 on Thursday 18 October and 06:00 on Friday 19 October 2018
This will mean cars travelling along Charter Row towards the Phase One site will be diverted once they reach Rockingham Street. They will be then diverted along Division Street, Cambridge Street down to Cross Burgess Street. There will be no vehicular access route along Furnival Gate. Below there is a map which illustrates the closure and diversion routes in place.
Following the boulder delivery, the team will need to temporarily re-close Charter Row to give them the opportunity to install signage on site. This temporary overnight road closure will take place between the following times:
• 20:00 on Monday 19 November and 06:00 on Tuesday 20 November 2018
In addition, the temporary pedestrian crossing on the Debenhams side of the Moor, linking the Moor with Pinstone Street, will be reopened in December 2018.
Finally, the pedestrian crossing that links Charter Square North with Charter Square South will be opened in November 2018.Share this article